GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Hi @Rlith, I have a couple of questions you might like to answer...

1. 2,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2102
    Hi @Rlith, I have a couple of questions you might like to answer to help me understand the US a little better. You mentioned in your blog that you are a contractor construction business. A little look into the tax system in the US shows that company tax is quite heavy on a sliding scale depending how much you earn. Here in Australia we have 30% flat with various deductions. What percentage of tax would you say you typically pay? More or less than 30%?
    With your tax system would you say, it is better to trade shares in your company name or trade in your own name?
    I see many posters here on Hotcopper say they try to keep their personal shares for more than 12 months to reduce their capital gains tax from 50% to 25%. For them this is gold as you pay half the tax but the downside is you have to keep the shares for 12 months without selling. Very tricky.... For me I prefer to look at trading in my company name, buy and sell as many times deemed necessary and only pay 30% tax. The gains are far better. Cheers stakx

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.