GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: Mt Cattlin Update-GXY.AX, page-73

1. 1,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2879
    You are talking about SQM's deal with LAC.
    Ha ha. yeah. What was with that "deal"?

I don't know enough about it but you can only conclude that it reflects desperation on the part of LAC, can't you?

The only DFS produced for that project was from 4 years ago - so is well out of date to do a comparison but I know the resource has a much higher magnesium level.
    Perhaps it reflects the risk value that SQM see in going into that jv? Weeks away from closing up shop? Who can say why they would sign away future profits at this point?
    Perhaps they have debt issues and don't have a big, operating mine behind them to provide financing? I don't know but it was a bad deal.

Remember with SDV we are talking about the ability to out-earn your precious Pilbara for a fraction of the opex.
    Estimated revenue of $463m AUD/year from the 25ktpa plant
    PLS have confirmed a 2Mt plant - 20% larger than Mt Cattlin. Years away from production and only a shade more profit than our mine.
    Both can add capacity.

If I can find an example of a spodumene tenement being taken out cheaply won't that basically be the same thing as your argument ?
    Your amazing resource could end up in a big player's hands for next to nothing if PLS become desperate too?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.