GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Ann: Mt Cattlin update,GXY-GMM.AX, page-66

1. 1,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    http://www.copyright link/business/...-chain-hindered-by-challenges-20160808-gqnd62

This article is an interview with a Gangfeng executive highlighting some of the risks of the lithium supply and demand and slightly compares spodumene and brine challenges. If anything, since predictions are hard to make even by executives, the company stated that the best way to protect itself is by diversifying and having both brine and hard rock supply. Galaxy is one of the few that is diversified to have both. PLS is betting heavily on its one hard rock source if I'm not mistaken. Neometals has a small stake in Mt. Marion although it is protecting self by allowing Gangfeng to exclusively mine as well have majority equity interest in the mine. Orocobre will thrive but they have taken extremely long to reach relevant production as they make their way to nameplate production. I think Ore highlights some of the potential challenges that Brine suppliers face.

Like anything, the key to making successful investments is to diversify and I think some of these other mining companies will start to realize this in time and scramble to diversify.

Feel free to correct any inaccuracies in my conclusions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.