TBA 0.00% 2.6¢ tombola gold ltd

Slipperymack. I have information for 5 holes drilled at LD. Two...

1. 378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    Slipperymack. I have information for 5 holes drilled at LD. Two are drilled to the west and three to the east. The 2 drilled to the west intersected 2m at 12.5g/t Au (LD19RC019) and no significant intersection (LD18RC005). The 3 holes drilled to the east, along a strike length of about 20m, intersected strong mineralisation. It seems highly unusual to me that Ausmex didn't drill any step-back holes on the same section to prove that the mineralisation is certainly dipping to the west. It's what any normal exploration company would do. It leaves it open to speculation that they drilled down the dip of the mineralisation, intentionally or otherwise, vastly over inflating the significance of the drill intersections. As the fold axis of the Weatherly Ck syncline strikes approximately N-S about 1.5km to the east of LD, it looks as if the holes drilled to the east are probably drilling directly down the dip of the stratigraphy. The mineralisation may be conformable with stratigraphy or it may cross-cut it, but as the company didn't make the effort to verify/demonstrate the dip by drilling any step-back holes (at least none that were released as far as I can see), I'll assume that they drilled directly down the dip of the mineralisation, until proven otherwise. If they did drill down the dip of the mineralisation, it's very hard to understand how they managed to infer a resource of 377kt at 1.12g/t, on the basis of the holes released to the market at least. And it's a bit hard to take seriously the statement that they intersected 122m of IOCG mineralisation in LD19RD025. They might've mentioned that it included amongst other barren intervals, a single 50m interval at 0.02g/t Au and 0.06 Cu.....but what's a bit of internal dilution between friends?
    It appears that the Comstock mineralisation dips to the east and it's hard to tell with Falcon/Shamrock, which all looks a bit random.

Once upon a time there was another exploration/mining company that operated in the Cloncurry district and they were famous for the extreme dodginess of their intentionally misleading press releases. There was once a time when they fed the market for months on bonanza gold intersections, which once plotted up, were revealed to have been drilled as close as 1.5m apart, straight down the mineralisation and over a total area smaller than a tennis court.....that's why it's worth plotting these things up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TBA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.