DCN 0.00% 28.5¢ dacian gold limited

As an investor it's impossible to tell whether the resource...

1. 395 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    As an investor it's impossible to tell whether the resource model is sound on the released information.

There are certainly times when there is no substitute for more data and tighter spacing is required. But a competent person will be able to discern this, the parameters used will force more drilling as the estimate won't stitch without it.

I have seen jorc compliant resources get 25% ounces when modelled with a more suitable method by a independent.

You really are trusting individuals.

There are red flags for w.a projects. Beware the high grade open pit plays, it's almost always a combination of a smearing effect of the high grade through the model and companies not wanting to use an aceptable upper cut, not using a practical smu size and not accepting a reasonable amount of dilution.

Most projects (without an undersized mill in place already) will optimise out at 1-1.4gt. The economy of scale will keep the lower cut falling and the tonnes increasing until the grade falls in this range (again I stress, w.a.)

Beware lengthy compliance disclosures. This is often someone being shotgun wed to a technique they don't want to use so the arse covering is strong.

If it's sounds to good to be true it probably is. Beware brownfield project that went dormant due to being the high on the cost curve reporting that when they kick the project back into gear they will suddenly be in the lowest quartile.

The sector is full of sharks and mutton dressed up as lamb.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.