ASR 14.3% 0.8¢ asra minerals limited

This is a spot on Manabouttown. Agree on the drip sell over a...

1. 524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35

This is a spot on Manabouttown. Agree on the drip sell over a couple of weeks which had all the signs of a leaky ship. Agreed about falling in love with a stock - never do this. They mentioned mining/shallow depth – I did not like to hear that line – is that a marketing line – is this line not a bit premature just to keep the peasants happy? More BS perhaps? Who knows – maybe strip some off for a quick cashflow which would be an ok exercise if that were the case?

Director’s job is to work for shareholders - my experience is that they rarely ever do (different levels of bad behaviour) – from my school of 'market hard knocks'. I agree with all the sentiments you express. If things go belly up shareholders are the primary losers - so remember that directors are there to do a job and never to be talked up - this is business and is not friendship. With penny dreadful stocks especially, it may be useful to look at cross-holdings, cross-directorships, salaries and administration costs, free oppies / shares for mates etc – watch it all the time because this is the bottom of the ocean where the murky water is. I am not suggesting anything untoward with TNR but hey I encourage every shareholder to dig deep into all announcements / presentations etc and if you are suspicious put the information out there – be careful though how you put your point of view in writing.

A lot of posters are talking about insider trading - well this is my two cents worth.
    Yes insider trading is possible - but it is very hard to prove. If you contact ASIC and it is followed through you will end up doing yourself more damage in the end (unless you have sold already and then in that situation existing shareholders get screwed over by ASIC). If you really feel there were any insider issues, put it to the company - this is the last thing these directors want to hear - put the message clearly and bluntly - if they or associates are playing silly buggers (I am not suggesting they are) - I assure you they will get their act together quickly. These guys will not want a 'bad name' for the crime of insider trading.

Since joining this thread, I suspect a lot of holders are rapidly running down the 12-month period towards CGT 50% benefit (or have done so already). Gold has breached over USD$1900 - will it stay there? Who the hell knows but a trend and change of global sentiment appears to be emerging? US inflation figures and global price rises are evident via CPI prints and the price of timber etc. So, I am still looking at a stock called TNR which today is in a potentially hot sector and possibly hotter later this year - so the CGT clock will be run down for a lot of holders if Gold delivers. There is still reason for these holders to remain on the register.

At this end of the market there is a lot of risk – caveat emptor. But I do believe that management want to make a dollar (you would hope so) out this TNR vehicle and they right now appear to have money in the kitty and leases ready to stick a drill rod. I am wary but still moderately bullish. But watch the BS – we are not all dummies. Finally today may have been an irrational dump – technically I estimate the support line at 2.9 cents. I would be surprised to see that breached again (unless of course……). GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.001(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $13.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.7¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ $20.23K 2.841M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 18233673 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 3039135 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.7¢
  Change
0.001 ( 6.06 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.6¢ 0.7¢ 0.6¢ 1072881
Last updated 12.01pm 03/05/2024 ?
ASR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.