LYC 1.65% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

Ann: Mt Weld Drilling Confirms Continuous REE Mineralisation, page-23

1. 996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2234
    I know what you mean, but IMO there are a few key things to consider here:
    1. It's only 2 drill holes (albeit >1km deep) - it's really just a teaser, resource upgrade will require more targeted drilling.

2. LYC (or AL specifically), has clearly indicated we are accelerating our REE production. This is big as we instead of looking at 10,500tpa NdPr products by 2025, should probably expect much higher than this (15?). With this in mind, it's important IMO to keep LOM (life of mine) at a reasonable term (>20y), as it gives security to long investors.

3. LOM and understanding the resource grade is important when considering take-over/acquisitions - this has been mentioned in briefings: Mt Weld is superior at current resource estimates/LOM to other potential take-over/acquisitions.

4. Knowing the resource will help in the ore mixing (to have an average grade through LOM), otherwise we would risk using all the high grade ore first, making production more and more expensive, and at some point, point 3 would become an important consideration (take-over/acquisition, which of course would't come cheap).

4. Potentially the biggest direct boost to company value is if we get a proper resource analysis and can produce Ta/Sc/Nb/Mo as by-products (e.g. only cost incurred for these is the separation - not mining etc). For this to be mentioned, I'm guessing the concentrations are significant.

I'm sure there are many other things to consider.. I've had three great ASX news come to me the last 24hrs, and this is certainly one of them (even if no big jump in sp).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
0.100(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.37 $6.08 $26.63M 4.279M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17840 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 8880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.