RGL 6.25% 0.8¢ riversgold limited

Amigos, just a few matters which I'll ramble on about. (If you...

1. 2,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1696
    Amigos, just a few matters which I'll ramble on about. (If you don't like rambling, then disregard this post.) Firstly, for those interested in learning a bit about carbonatites, maybe take a look at the Investor Presentation by WA1 in May 2023. (I don't hold shares in WA1, but the preso was informative fo rme.) RGL is hoping to hit a dyke that branched off the Mount Weld carbonatite, which sounds reasonable on the face of it. I've pasted a screenshot of page 5 of WA1's preso (which WA1 copied from Lynas). Secondly, RGL announced that its 2,000m drilling program got underway on 2nd May, so it is probably completed. I'm hoping that no news is good news (wishful thinking). It was by RC drilling, so before the samples are sent for assays, the geologists will be examining chips & dust, not drill core - so don't expect pretty photos. Thirdly, from my view of the WA1 preso, it seems that their go-to geophysics for carbonatites is gravity rather than magnetics (ie "a very-high amplitude gravity anomaly and a limited but coincident magnetic response"). I could be dead wrong, so stand to be corrected, but I think RGL used a magnetic survey to plan its drilling for rare earths at Mount Weld. There are plenty of false positives and false negatives with geophysics, so its best to have at least two types of geophysical surveys backed up by ground surveys (that's my take on reading many announcements by junior explorers). Also, ground-based geology (assays of rock chips, etc) is important. These days spectral data from stellite imaging can give a map of the elements that an explorer is searching for and expecting, such as increased niobium, thorium, etc. (All data gives an extra clue, IMO). Finally, RGL's lithium exploration has gone quiet for few months, maybe because of RGL's role of the dice for rare earths or porphyry copper-gold. Then again maybe the geologists are gathering surface rock chips or other data from the lithium projects before committing to the next round of drilling? If anyone knows something, or has some corrections to this ramble, please post it.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5314/5314192-e831a40b745a4164bf04624d05fd0923.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
-0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $9.072M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.8¢ $2.867K 378.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 9015780 0.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.8¢ 2608292 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.36am 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 7.14 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.8¢ 0.8¢ 0.7¢ 2268636
Last updated 14.38pm 24/05/2024 ?
RGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.