IVZ 3.33% 8.7¢ invictus energy ltd

That would be the likes of Schlumberger, though expensive. I...

1. 122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    That would be the likes of Schlumberger, though expensive. I have been quickly scanning through all the posts since asx release, so I will have probably missed some valid comments, but here is my view.

MWD and open hole logging have indicated a fairly large hydrocarbon column, both methods agree with each other, but both methods use similar physics to establish lithology, porosity, saturation and hydrocarbon type, so the similar result shouldn't be too surprising. Open hole logging is the considerably more accurate one.

A high porosity was determined, which means the higher the porosity, the higher the chance of some decent permeability, ie capacity to flow.

The formation testing tool was run, these are big, massive and heavy, like all the other tools they ran. But, the formation tester is designed to stick the sand face, extend a probe, and take a sample, all of this while motionless. Now if for instance if the mud weight is a lot heavier than the formation pressure, the tool will stay stuck (all the other wireline tools are run while in motion, up and/or down a well while taking measurements), and then if it can't be retrieved, it becomes a fishing job.

Differential sticking, as it is called, implies flow from wellbore to formation, indicating some permeability, that part is good. May also mean that the mud system was too heavy, or the additives to the mud did not effectively seal the formation, would be interesting to know if there were large mud losses during drilling.

So in a nutshell, all the indicators are good. To run a service company off a rig after a set of failures is common practice, getting stuck is not necessarily a failure caused by the service company, but it might be, need ops reports on that. The next service company may encounter the same problems and may want to opt to run the formation tester on drill string rather than cable.

The above my 1 cents worth. Question from my side, does IVZ have the capital to spend on a sidetrack and logging it? I got the impression maybe not, is that correct?

I will admit, I am not a holder, was about to, but was too late (luckily, else a lot of explaining to do to the wife), but at current price, the presence of hydrocarbons, the porosity, all it needs is a sample to surface, I am seriously thinking of buying in, top of my watchlist.

To all SH, my commiserations, it appears to me over sold, maybe an opportunity to top up?

DYOR, this was is not investment advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.7¢
Change
-0.003(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $123.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.1¢ 9.1¢ 8.6¢ $376.3K 4.239M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 229849 8.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.8¢ 117089 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.