ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    @Kiwigeo8339 would appreciate your thoughts on the following, posted on the d****rd server.

“Morning. I assume you saw the news. The RFT tool got stuck with differential sticking. That is a sign of low permeability and low porosity. They never released any net pay numbers despite having all the conventional logs. There probably is very little. My previous assumption stays. Deeply buried rocks uplifted to shallow depth but porosity already destroyed deep. They need to do a much better job of understanding the geology. Maybe still something out there but it won’t be big. The pump itself is not over. There will be other rumours and spikes. Not good long term.”

And a follow up when questioned about the permeability and porosity (I.e. I thought the sticking would more likely indicate good permeability based on what Scott has said).

‘He is looking at differential sticking for pipes not logging cables. Not too different. But the mudcake in thick low perm zones is most often the cause. The logs will tell the story. In a high perm zone, rft fills up in minutes. Low perm zones take hours. If you dont move the cable often, then sticking. Everything points to low perm reservoirs. 1-3 mD.'

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.