IVZ 4.23% 7.4¢ invictus energy ltd

Ann: Mukuyu-2 Drilling Update, page-557

1. 3,706 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2852
    "Didn't someone say they take 2x samples with each test point, (they get a sample and a backup). So they won't have enough chambers to test all the reservoirs, they will have to select the most attractive ones. Exciting times ahead. "

I believe they have 18 450cc bottles...either MPSR or SPMC or both. Most operators would run two MRMS tank carriers with 6 bottles in each carrier. They might also run one or two larger MRSC chambers. A 1 gallon MRSC chamber is usually run as an exit port when doing low shock sampling with the MDT so at the end of sampling operations a "dirty" bulk sample can be dumped into that chamber before pulling the tool back to surface.

I have mentioned sometimes taking duplicate samples at important stations...the reason being to reduce risk of not getting a sample from that particular station due to a bottle malfunction. The most common malfunction with the MPSR/SPMC bottles is a failure of the fusible link that triggers the closing of the bottle valve once the bottle has been filled.

The exact configuration of the MDT tool is dictated by the aim of the sampling exercise (ie a simple verification of fluid type or a high quality PVT sample), number of available bottle and chambers and also hole condition. Running a large number of carriers and MRSC chambers increases the length of the tool and the risk of getting stuck in a dodgy hole.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.