ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1184
    I'll defer to the more experienced posters on that list, but will have a crack anyway...

"Elevated mud gas peaks (up to 70 times above background gas baseline)" - significantly above background should indicate that these are not residual shows and we have an intact seal.

Given that we are approx. 400m up-dip from MK-1, the 2,582m depth for these shows is very close to the first main zone of interest at MK-1 where we had 65 times above background gas and fluorescence, which is a positive for what is still to come (at 3070m in MK-1 or around 488m down dip from where we are here at MK-2).

Elevated mud gas peaks with marked increases from C1 to C5 compounds - indicates that it's likely we have liquids associated with the gas (condensate or hopefully oil).

Elevated resistivity = hydrocarbons.

Low Gamma Ray = reservoir. High Gamma Ray = shale. So this is positive for reservoir material.

No mention of fluorescence, but it's possible that they lost a lot of drilling mud and cuttings with the associated drilling break. So they may not have had a lot of good cuttings return to surface?

The drilling break is a positive though - hopefully very permeable reservoir.

Overall I would have thought this is exactly what we wanted to hear at this stage of drilling. Relieved in a way and looking forward to the rest of the drill.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $106.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.2¢ 6.9¢ $74.39K 1.062M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 113702 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 106523 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.