VMY 0.00% 19.0¢ vimy resources limited

Ann: Mulga Rock Project - Early Works Program Update, page-7

1. 269 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    Seems likely to me, yeah, nice reasoning. My initial reaction was that it also signals to shareholders that they genuinely expect (or want to appear as if they genuinely expect) to receive the final approval. Note that it progressed to revision 4 (i.e. probably the 5th version submitted) on MINEDEX somewhat recently, within the past month or so. So at the very least the government are reading the document and asking them to resubmit, which they must be doing promptly each time.

One possibility is the government is deliberately stalling by asking for repeated revisions; the other possibility is they're honouring their commitment to fairly process the pre-existing uranium applications, but due to it being uranium, they're wanting to wring every promise and extra bit of detail they can out of the applications while they still have time, since they're aware they'll be the ones who look bad if there end up being news articles post-closure about how it left a giant radioactive wasteland behind etc. TBH I can't imagine them approving it *without* doing as much of the latter as they can; there will certainly be media hit pieces attempting to paint any damage from the project in as bad a light as possible, and pin it on whichever politicians signed off on it. (No comment from me on actual historic levels of damage from any sort of mine to the australian environment or how over-reported/under-reported those damages might be, just pointing out the dynamic)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.