WMG 0.00% 24.0¢ western mines group ltd

In the not too distant future (if not happening already - I...

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 131
    In the not too distant future (if not happening already - I don't know), every EV or any such end user product will come with not only a price tag but also some sort of green/CO2 emissions rating. The product will display the cumulative total CO2 across its constituent components/materials lifecycle. So not only is carbon capture at mine site useful, but so is reduced CO2 emissions downstream from the mine.

The line from the article shared above "But Turenne believes that the tailings capture and net-zero potential of Baptiste will help FPX attract financing, investors, partners or even potential acquirers." also is key for juniors like WMG

The combined value for an intermediary like BHP is also pretty good in terms of E in ESG. This infographic from Wood Mackenzie shows that Sulphide ores are less carbon intensive to mine & process compared to laterite ores. So on metals exchanges in the near future, the BHP products will therefore carry a potential price premium if its green credentials are better than say HPAL-processed equivalent products.

The BBC clip the other day highlighted how Indonesia's HPAL operations are contributing to carbon emissions/pollution. For Tesla and other EV OEMs, the source of materials going into their end products will become an issue, again if not already the case.

The macroeconomics & geopolitics around China, Russia etc. at present suggests bear market conditions and in the interim, all sorts of battery metal miners are taking a hit on the nose at the supposed decline in demand for end products like EVs. But as other economies like US and India churn along, favourable demand will be back in the spotlight in the future.

The fundamentals for WMG not changed so any short term sp action is likely to be painful as has been evident here. If they find the illusive massive sulphides, it could change things. And if battery mining favourites like PLS not been spared, then I don't see how WMG and other juniors can fare better. But as market conditions change, the attraction of green nickel for both batteries as well as green steel is likely to be more in demand than not.

My 2c view - DYOR.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5581/5581730-9efd907f39a7594e02c09e1476ab2403.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21889 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.5¢ 11196 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.