SP3 11.8% 1.9¢ spectur limited

SteveSage3You09:57 09/10/2023Is this a new subscription contract...

1. 2,875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1071

09:57 09/10/2023

Is this a new subscription contract (i.e. was SXP doing this inhouse previously), or is this a renewal (and upfront payment) of an existing subscription contract.

I assume that margins on resellers are lower than direct sales, and if so, would this contract increase/decrease the overall margins for Spectur (FY23 gross margin was ~56%).

ASX:SP3 Logo

Spectur

ASX:SP3

SXP have been a customer for some time and were purchasing systems in a conventional way. They wanted to lock in future pricing and extended warranty for 5 years from the time of purchase for each system. This meant that some systems had subscriptions paid for in advance for an extra 3 years, some for just less than 5 and everything in between (you can imagine the spreadsheet). We also provided a small discount as they are a volume customer / reseller for us. This contract extended all systems to be fully subscribed for 5 years from the date of purchase.

Recurring revenues from subscriptions are quite a bit more than 56% and have been increasing this quarter in line with our plan (a lot of which is around managing data costs, with the improvements expected to continue for the duration of the FY). We are also having a good look at our AI models and testing a variety of alternatives which we expect will also lead to cost reductions per system in this area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP3 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.002(11.8%)
Mkt cap ! $5.082M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.8¢ $4.962K 261.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 590000 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.9¢ 1141611 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SP3 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.