PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Hi ClotskiYou asked about the potential to clean up Fuxian Lake...

1. 1,288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 870
    Hi Clotski

You asked about the potential to clean up Fuxian Lake too.

There are four large lakes with a total surface area of 600 sq km close to Kunming in Yunnan Province a city of just on 4 million people and three of them, Xingyun Lake 34 sq km, Qilu Lake 37 sq km and Dianchi Pool 298 sqkm show up on Google maps (satellite view) as green meaning they are most likely polluted with algae. The fourth is Fuxian Lake 212 sq km and on Google maps it shows up as navy blue so we can probably assume it is not polluted.

Fuxian does not have any towns or cities in the immediate vicinity which might explain why there is no algal pollution. In contrast Xingyun, Qilu and Dianchi all have densely populated settlements on their shorelines suggestive of both past and ongoing problems.

As big a deal as yesterday's announcement was Xingyun Lake is the smallest of the three and it is probably reasonable to assume that local government administrators are thinking about cleaning up strategies for Qilu and Dianchi too. Collectively, these three lakes have a surface area more than ten times that of Xingyun. And these are just a couple of the vary many lakes in Yunnan Province and then there's the rest of china and the world.

As I said yesterday key to PET's future in China and elsewhere is it's ability to execute the clean up of Xingyun on time and on budget and in parallel with that it's ability to rapidly scale up it's operations worldwide to capture what must surely be a multi-trillion dollar market.

Given how quickly PET was given the Xingyun contract my guess is that more tenders and contracts on the way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.