WLD 4.65% 4.5¢ wellard limited

Ann: MV Ocean Outback Update, page-16

1. 403 Posts.
    Smart investor, sprooker7.  I regret that I had not read the prospectus in more detail before I joint the IPO. But now, at least now I would not be surprised to see the actual NPAT would down by 20% compared to the profit guidance, because of the effect of FX loss. So be ready for the share price to sink again when it is announced. But don't sell at that time just as the Morgan broker said it is a long term commitment. We will see the company go into the China market.

I agree with happy668 that China is a big market, Chinese beef price is almost 100% higher than Australia beef. Ordinary people can only afford to consume pork, not beef. The price difference is similar to difference of infant formula. It is a good potential for the company to fly as BAL.

Having said that, I am thinking how Chinese could be fooled by the livestock import. Some importers import calf/ baby cow and raise them to mature cow in China, when they sell it, they called them imported from Australia to catch eyes from Chinese consumer.  The same as Australian lobster, they import them when the lobster is a tiny baby, then raise them in China, but when they sell them, they are called Australian lobster. Those livestock receive majority of polluted air and water in China, but still branded as imported from Australia. Would the consumer be fooled?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WLD (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.