MVP 0.00% 45.0¢ medical developments international limited

This a "copy" of a report I posted in an earlier contribution to...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    This a "copy" of a report I posted in an earlier contribution to an MVP thread. The report was compiled by an English Authority, the name of which I now forget.

Evaluation of the effectiveness and costs of inhaled methoxyflurane versus usual analgesia for prehospital injury and trauma: non-randomised clinical studyMurray D Smith, Elise Rowan, Robert Spaight, Aloysius N SiriwardenaBMC Emergency Medicine 2022 July 7, 22 (1): 122

BACKGROUND:
    We aimed to investigate clinical benefits and economic costs of inhaled methoxyflurane when used by ambulance staff for prehospital emergency patients with trauma........

METHODS
    :
    Over a 12-month evaluation period, verbal numerical pain scores (VNPS) were gathered ..............

RESULTS:
    Overall, 96 trained paramedics and technicians from the East Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EMAS) prepared 510 doses of methoxyflurane for administration to a total of 483 patients. ................
    Scenario analyses showed that durations spent in severe pain were significantly less for methoxyflurane. Costing scenarios showed the added benefits of methoxyflurane were achieved at higher cost, eg versus Entonox® the additional cost per treated patient was estimated to be £12.30.

CONCLUSION:
    When administered to adults with moderate or severe pain due to trauma, inhaled methoxyflurane reduced pain more rapidly and to a greater extent than Entonox® and parenteral analgesics. Inclusion of inhaled methoxyflurane to the suite of prehospital analgesics provides a clinically useful addition, but one that is costlier per treated patient.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MVP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.