MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

Yes, it is a hydrothermal Ni deposit whereas all the other Ni...

1. 580 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 686
    Yes, it is a hydrothermal Ni deposit whereas all the other Ni mines and deposits in Australia are magmatic Ni as far as I know.

The hydrothermal nature explains the high arsenic content, also unique in Australian Ni mines and deposits, again as far as I know.

I’m hoping that the deep Ni origin theory as suggested in the paper you posted is incorrect. If it is correct, then according to CSA Global it would “limit exploration potential severely" - see below.

Here’s a couple of extracts from CSA Global’s Independent Technical Report included with the Extraordinary General Meeting Notice (MYL 30.5.22):

Page ii: "Mineralisation in the Avebury ultramafic body was formed by the influence of metasomatism caused by the effect of volatile phases resulting from the intrusion of the Late Devonian Heemskirk Granite which crops out 1–2 km to the north of the Avebury deposit. It is generally believed that the Avebury deposits are hydrothermal in origin, where the nickel was derived from alteration of nickel-bearing silicates during serpentinisation. It has been suggested by some researchers that a possible alternative origin of the nickel is from (unseen) magmatic sulphides at depth, but this model is debatable."

Page 12: "A pre-existing nickel sulphide orebody source for the nickel at Avebury would limit exploration potential severely, as you would effectively only find Avebury-style deposits near any such pre-existing orebodies – a very limited set of circumstances for Avebury-style deposit formation."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.