MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

Ann: MYL Investor Presentation, page-32

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Hi Aubin, Arsenic isn't much of a penalty dollars-wise for Ni (or Cu) concs but there is an outright rejection ceiling of 5000ppm (0.5%), which the Chinese enforce, so it's not all that material to value if you stay below that level (MgO attracts a larger penalty from memory). As mentioned, the nickel : arsenic ratio is the key to understanding if As might be a problem for the 5000ppm limit. Kambalda generally has high Ni grade going into low (c. 10 - 12%) concs. So if the recovered grade in ore is around 2% Ni, then you are only concentrating it 6 times, hence on a 1:1 scale up of arsenic with the nickel, the As grade could be 750ppm in ore. Avebury has c.1% Ni going into a high conc grade of up to 19%, hence around 330ppm and above starts to knock on the 5000ppm door.
    Traders will take high As concs but at a significant discount (to blend with low As concs). I think Avebury under Oz had a life of mine offtake contract with Jinchuan so that last resort wasn't an option. Not sure if that contract has fallen away.

Cheers
    KS
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.