NAB 1.71% $37.55 national australia bank limited

Ann: NAB to proceed with 86 400 acquisition, page-3

1. 10,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    The 'Livewire' blog has two fundies discussing the 'big four' banks.

Interestingly, both rate NAB the best:

Best of the Big Four: National Australia Bank (ASX:NAB)

Matthew Haupt (BUY): It'd be National Australia Bank. Done a lot of work in the background, pulled out costs, reduced products, straight-through processing. All that hard work has been done and we're starting to see the signs of that hard work coming through the results. Probably in the last month or two of the result, a very encouraging sign. So, NAB for me is a clear winner in the Aussie banks.

James Marlay: Okay. Scott, you're number one pick out of the big four. Can you give me the pitch and then tell me why you like it?

Scott Olsson (BUY): Sure. It's also NAB for the reasons that Matt outlined, but alongside that as well, I think what they're doing on costs, they're not short-terming the business. I think they're investing enough alongside pulling out costs. So, that should enable them to take advantage of some revenue opportunities. And the business environment finally looks like there might be a bit of growth coming out of that, which is where NAB really plays and it does its best work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$37.55
Change
0.630(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $115.7B
Open High Low Value Volume
$37.08 $37.58 $37.08 $34.84M 933.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 1935 $37.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$37.55 2111 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.