SFX 1.49% 34.0¢ sheffield resources limited

Hi Franpower,Thanks for confirming that the Thunderbird case...

1. 389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 275
    Hi Franpower,

Thanks for confirming that the Thunderbird case study on the NAIF website was updated on the same day of the SFX announcement, I for one am most impressed by the diligence of the public service staffer that took the time to update and post the revised case study on the eve of the Easter holiday break, obviously they had used up all their flexidays...As you have noted, in quoting B.G.'s statement from the SFX announcement it appears the release of the announcement and case study update were co-ordinated, but still no presser issued from NAIF which you would expect to happen first. Maybe the press officer responsible for that still had a flexiday up their sleeve...

It still doesn't explain the discrepancy between the March 2022 investment decision date given in the NAIF case study and the eventual SFX announcement on Thursday April 14th, after the official start of the federal election campaign. I'm no expert on gov. departmental election protocols but from my understanding being in caretaker mode precludes the minister from making any sensitive policy decisions, such as approving $160m NAIF loans, so as you state one would have to assume that the ministerial approval was received sometime before Sunday April 10th, but if so why wasn't the market informed on following business day?.

As to the 43% increase in s/p in the month from March 14th (the day of the McCalls divestment announcement) to the April 14th NAIF announcement, I take your point that there had been plenty of positive news flow, particularly the revised BFS, that would have had investors re-evaluating their risk assessments and valuations on Thunderbird. So any inference of 'informed' trading is pure speculation on my part, I'm just joining the dots and observing the emerging patterns. As we say - GLTAH!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
0.005(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $134.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.0¢ 34.0¢ $1.131K 3.325K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8950 33.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.5¢ 15603 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.19am 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.