KYP 0.00% 9.1¢ kinatico ltd

I don’t really think the name is great (kinetic, movement -...

1. 830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    I don’t really think the name is great (kinetic, movement - doesn’t really capture the product) but I think the reason behind it is to encourage the wider market to take another look at CV1.
    When it was trading above 50c, it was a transactional consumer business open to competition with little differentiation.
    Now it is a b2b business that is locking in customers at a tremendous rate.
    Every time a new customer sets up a login and account at CV1 to do background checks I believe they are effectively locked in for life, becoming annuity income every time they hire a staff member.
    This is because the hassle to go set up a different supplier is never going to be worth the meagre savings that could possibly be on offer.

You see this all the time in things like energy supply, banking, telecoms etc.
    The competitor’s sales guy can call 20 times a day, but if the saving to switch is $100 per year, no business is going to waste the time for a staff member to bother with the hassle.

So the simplest, core product is accretive revenues that come in every time a staff member is hired.
    This relationship then allows other services to be sold - reference checks, edu history checks, licence checks and other per transaction items. These are higher margin, but likely used less frequently.
    Might as well use the CV1 login to get these too, while we are requesting the Police check.

For some businesses, this becomes much more frequent and critical - security guard licenses can frequently be suspended, so checks need to be made before every shift. Aged care workers need to log their COVID tests, professional drivers need to log rest breaks.

These compliance heavy industries can wrap all these checks and records into one application, and pay a fixed monthly fee to take care of it all - much better for budgeting. This is the Cited app, and the highly valued SaaS revenue it brings.

You’ll notice there is a pathway here, as businesses begin with simple checks, but need the more complex platform as their needs evolve and as government red tape grows.

Finally, the new app provides this for contingent workers. So if the SCG wants to hire a security guard for Friday, and the Stadium used the same guard the previous weekend, they can both see the guard has a valid driver’s licence without having to reinvent the wheel, because the check has been done via the new app. This is the new OnCite app. If this gets widespread adoption, it will become necessary in industries with large casual and contractor workforces. A big opportunity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.45M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.1¢ 9.1¢ 9.1¢ $34.12K 374.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5666 9.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.4¢ 33480 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.03pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.