NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

I was doing my master thesis on 3D modelling of urban facilities...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    I was doing my master thesis on 3D modelling of urban facilities from high-res imagery, back then with ~ 1m resolution and a software tool that probably isn't in use any longer (got bought by Microsoft and who knows where it's at now). Point is, the roofs were one of the critical features of the 3D data capture and modelling and the software couldn't automate roofs shapes & sizes properly, let alone any complications like chimneys, terraces, etc. A reasonable visualisation of buildings then required amount of human input and it would become very laborious when doing whole cities. If nearmap will be able to do that precisely and with high level AI involved plus generate any hard figures for solar irradiation and what not, that will be a great added value. I believe this is a great addition to the business. The price is not high, but I don't really know what other assets are involved. To put in in perspective, Microsoft bought the company which developed the software I worked with for USD150m. About eleven years ago though, I must add.

MiB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.