NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

In contract law there is the concept of laesio enormis, a...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    In contract law there is the concept of laesio enormis, a humungous wrongdoing that cries out for legal redress. In this post I refer to the meaning of the words per se, not their application in contract law, which simply allows a contract to be set aside on the basis of unconscionability. There is no contract that NEA retail shareholders can set aside, but a great wrongdoing is in the offing, IMO.

Because of my age, I do not share the long-term dream that younger shareholders had, and I skipped out of NEA at $2.10 recently, and about two years ago at circa $2.75. Consequently, I do not have an incentive to bother about the perceived humungous wrong. But if I were aggrieved, I would:
    • articulate the perceived wrongdoing;
    • point to HC posts to evidence widespread feeling of being wronged;
    • feed that to the press, particularly the Australian Financial Times;
    • make a case of perceived wrongdoing to ASIC, politicians and whomever; and
    • attempt to get a class action going, if the foregoing action does not elicit it..
    Management has for a dozen years used shareholders' funds to develop NEA, and seduced many to believe that investing in NEA would be a life-changing investment, which Management is now advocating be swapped for a mess of pottage.

It would, IMO, be very easy (a few hours of effort) to turn this story into a national scandal.

The contrary view is that the foregoing is the ramblings of an old codger in his dotage.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 09/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.