NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

To clarify what early step was Announced, I reread the...

1. 4,217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1226
    To clarify what early step was Announced, I reread the Announcement. It was the first step petitioning for an inter partes review, not the second step when the Review Board accepts or rejects the petition, which can be fairly quick, especially if it is a rejection on any one of the patents. The next next Announcement should cover that decision. The Announcements first two sentences are::

Nearmap has filed three inter partes reviews against EagleView/Pictometry which relate specifically to three patents which are subject to the current litigation. This is a legal procedure that challenges the validity of EagleView/Pictometry’s patents before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board.

I underlined two adverbial clauses to give you folk a lesson in writing style. The first that starts with “which” is wrong, because it is relevant to identify the three patents, and not an irrelevant information add-on, so the clause should with “that”. If it were not relevant, it should start with which, preceded by a comma. The second adverbial clause is correctly written. Is this important – for everyday communication? No. If one writes a document to be submitted to the likes of judges, then, other things being equal, the well written document gains an edge. I have written scores of papers on commercial and legal issues, and I cannot remember ever losing an argument that I thought was right.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.