NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Ann: Nearmap made aware of complaint in US District Court (Utah), page-85

1. 1,078 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1491
    As best I can determine from my research (I am not a patent expert):

1. NEA has been granted a US patent for Roof Report Generation, either manually or automatically, from it computer generated 3D models. This patent expires in 2038. In its application for this patent, NEA disclosed Eagleview's relevant patents, which I understand to be based on the older technology of orthogonal and oblique imagery.
    2. I would imagine that NEA's customers would be very happy with NEA's patented and automated reports from 3D models. There should be no reason why NEA should cease this service. To the contrary, I think this will become the most competitive and useful product on the market.

I think that NEA would be well aware of all other relevant patents and would have already taken steps, such as their patent I have mentioned above, to protect their business in NA. Hence their statement to the market today: "The business remains unaffected by the complaint."

I must admit I probably don't have all the answers, and I may even be wrong, so please DYOR and don't use my comments above for any investment decisions. Until a much clearer picture emerges over coming weeks, I at least am comforted to some extent by the above information.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.