NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

In the Utah Action, the Plaintiffs assert that at least two...

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    In the Utah Action, the Plaintiffs assert that at least two products of Nearmap,
    both of which are separate and distinct products from GAF’s QuickMeasure roof
    reports, infringe the Plaintiffs’ patents, “including (1) Nearmap on OpenSolar and (2)
    MapBrowser.” [Id. at 2 ¶ 1.]

GAF maintains that the District of Utah is the more convenient venue for the
    Case 1:21-cv-10669-RMB-SAK Document 65 Filed 03/28/22
    present infringement action, arguing that the software behind its Accused Product
    was developed entirely outside of New Jersey through a partnership between GAF,
    Nearmap, and another Minnesota-based entity known as “Pushpin”:

GAF does not make QuickMeasure reports, did not design or develop any of
    the QuickMeasure oftware, and has never maintained or controlled any of
    the QuickMeasure oftware. Instead, QuickMeasure reports are generated
    through a partnership between Utah-based Nearmap . . . and Minnesota-based
    Primitive LLC (d/b/a Pushpin) (hereafter “Pushpin”). QuickMeasure reports
    are white-labeled by GAF, but GAF’s role is essentially limited to sales and
    marketing of those reports.

Looks like GAF uses a Nearmap / Pushpin partnership to produce Quickmeasure roofing reports similar to those Eagleview produces with Pictometry software. Therefore, if the calculation used to produce these reports is deemed patented and unique and sitting with Eagleview, the QuickMeasure reports would also violate the patent.

Please correct me if I am interpreting this incorrectly as I work in the Medical Imaging sector not Aerial Imaging and definitely not Law....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.