NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Ann: Nearmap shareholders to vote on Thoma Bravo Transaction, page-147

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    Cause I bought my NEA on the first plunge down day in May 2021 at $2.02, and have held all the way down, and when an opportunity arises to get out of it with an 8c (3.5% profit) gain (vs selling onmarket at 2.03, yes I missed out selling on the 24/[email protected]) I'd rather the certainty of 2.10 than the unknown of "will this good (NOT great!!) Aussie technology company ever turn a profit" or will it keep plodding along (barely paying the wages of staff and execs and BODs) and potentially get surpassed by USA corporations in this competitive space, whereby Americans would love to support (rather than a "foreign" company) IMHO NEA took too long to gain traction in the USA, have made several errors/mishandlings and allowed churn to occur costing them bigtime....and we won't even go near the litigation....even if they are found they have no case to answer, the costs have been a killer..
    Quietly I was also hoping for a raised bid/SOA at say 2.30+, but I think this latest announcement on 14/11 "Trading Update & Litigation" put that chance to bed.(The 2.30+ would appease the LT shareholders who bought in via SPP in Oct 2020)
    I gotta admit I can't complain cause I've made good money a few times in NEA, as I originally bought in 2017 @ 0.575 selling most at over 2.70 (and yes I bought a small amount in the SPP in Oct 2020 as I never have fully sold out of NEA, as I too WAS a longtime believer, but this company needs a big shakeup and TB are probably the only ones who can produce one. I feel sorry for the staff esp those based in the US, there will be ++redundancies. Aust & NZ will continue to do well. IMO its time to let it go............. it needs to be a privately run company, so it can regain its focus, sharpen its cost base and hopefully turn a profit in 3-4 years time and yes we'll probably see TB sell it for $US1.0-1.5bil probably to a competitor. How management never attracted a competitor to bid for NEA I'll never understand.
    Now that's off my chest GLTAH, my prediction 97%+ total shares FOR, 65-70% shareholder numbers FOR.
    I'll wear my paperloss if it don't happen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.