BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

I don’t have concerns I just have doubts that I address in an...

1. 792 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    I don’t have concerns I just have doubts that I address in an open forum to those who are interested. As I previously observed the Buddy ohm is ‘a well-designed bit of kit’.

I simply think the ohm unit as currently designed will have limited use across the industrial sector. For reasons previously mentioned and because wireless systems have their limitations when designed to upscale to manage a complex set of energy interrelationships like those at an energy intensive industrial site.

Any electronic device can be made to cope with hazardous or harsh industrial environments. The question is one of a trade-off between having an out of the box unit set up in minutes at a standard production cost versus customised units with an escalating price structure.

It has to do with the reality of scale. All electronic devices are made the same. All Buddy ohms are identical. It is the perfect way to minimise cost. However, in achieving cost parameters performance and flexibility are sacrificed.

Also there are secondary issues with using embedded systems which to my understanding is what the IoT is all about. Security is primary as is maintaining a power source to the entire system. For instance, being a wireless based system what provides the external power for the sensors? Do these units use primary coin cells? If so what is the expected life cycle? And how does ohm cope with security issues specific to industrial sites?

While a commercial building that is shut down by an attack is an annoyance with some safety concerns, an attack on an industrial site could be catastrophic depending on the industrial process i.e. chemical or oil refinery. Since by my understanding IoT devices don’t have their own unique keys?

I imagine most likely the security issue relies on the modem for protection?

No doubt the ohm unit is a cleverly designed device, I’m just not convinced it will be able to be all things to all situations. Perhaps the future will prove my observations incorrect. We will see one way or the other….

Broosta

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.