BYE 1.64% 6.0¢ byron energy limited

No one is saying that SM71 has not been a very good project but...

1. 4,750 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2228
    No one is saying that SM71 has not been a very good project but the outstanding G3 well is all but depleted and the platform revenue is only a fraction of what it was .
    BYE as the operator will not go back to SM71 while it is cash constrained and has better low risk wells to drill .

OEL has a much tighter agenda to monetise its assets than BYE has to go back to SM71 .
    So any buyer of OEL.s JV rights at SM71 will be buying it " As is Where is " unless they bought out BYE's interest too .
    I always thought BYE was the logical buyer if they had enough drilling success to strengthen their balance sheet .

The reason is the project is more valuable to BYE than anyone else and any other buyer doesn't have the knowledge base on the project that BYE has .
    BYE I am sure consider that the knowledge is a business asset and would not release it unless there was a sale of the whole project .
    There is considerable oil still in SM71 but it will not be accessed until it is logical financially to do that and that will not be very soon and there is considerable risks associated that a buyer of BYE's share would have to assess without the information that BYE owns .

I don't think it will get a huge price when it is sold and the longer it takes to sell the less there is to sell .
    I very much hope my analysis is wrong because I am still a large holder in OEL and I hope that they can sell all of their assets at bumper prices .
    Hoping for a huge spike in Oil prices to get a good sale .

Time will tell .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $64.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.4¢ 6.4¢ 5.7¢ $36.83K 614.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 600000 5.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 103244 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.9¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 3.28 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.5¢ 6.5¢ 5.7¢ 124196
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.