LSF 0.33% $3.07 l1 long short fund limited

I reckon part of the reason that could potentially explain the...

1. 127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I reckon part of the reason that could potentially explain the stubborn gap between share price and NTA is the significant jumps the NTA keeps making. The gap will start to close when the NTA stabilises, and the wider market has a consistent run that is underpinned by a strong (yet conservative) bullish sentiment (i.e. VIX under 20) that is underpinned by robust economic and public health data.

Right now, the share price is struggling to keep up with the NTA because people are still somewhat nervous, and have the thought at the back of their mind that his party may end sooner rather than later. They are therefore hesitant in committing more capital to narrow the gap when the NTA is jumping by 3% every few days. Not complaining though, and I hope that the NTA settles somewhere above $2, thereby giving long-term holders that have held this from time it listed something to cheer about after a couple of not so good years.

Another interesting thing to note is that the gap between their pre-tax NTA and post-tax NTA has been narrowing. My interpretation of this is that they have actually been closing their profit-making positions, and therefore crystallising their profits and offsetting the capital gains against their past capital losses. Put another way, they aren't simply making huge risky bets (that have paid off handsomely in the short-term). It appears as though they have a plan in place and are happy to rotate out of positions that have made them money but are now deemed to have limited upside.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LSF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.