CIN 0.10% $30.25 carlton investments limited

I don't agree with your summation - On 30 November the NTA was...

1. 5,629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    I don't agree with your summation - On 30 November the NTA was $36.36 and the share price was $27.40 and even on 1 December this was only $27.50 so not an anomaly. On 8 January the Share price is $30 but the fact is that the NTA will have dropped from 31 December by around $1.50. Its the problem with LIC's that only report NTA monthly. So lets say that the NTA is $38. The discount in November was 24.7% the discount on 8 January is 21.1%.

You have to be very careful about this LIC ( which I own but after a bad experience I reshaped my investment so that I had a much bigger margin of safety). When the pandemic started 31 Jan 2020 the NTA was $37 a month later it was $25 - a drop of 32%. On 16 March 2020 it was trading at $20 in fact a discount of 17% but if I am correct it held up because there were no buyers in volume. The share price had dropped from $33 on 20 January 2020 to $20 on 16 March 2020.

This stock is illiquid hasn't migrated much if any of its portfolio and you can see that in the still hold a number of stocks not many LIC's would own.

We own because we sold out of all tourist Entertainment and similar stocks including EVT and coming into this for the value of EVT we want to own is relatively cheap. WE understand that during certain events you wont get out easily. For example it mostly hinges on a view of EVT and thus why it isn't a good example of an LIC. Far too much concentration in 1 Stock and low tradability.

This has a place in our portfolio but it isn't as a quality LIC.= even if we thought LIC's were the future...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CIN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.