PL8 0.41% $1.23 plato income maximiser limited.

There should be increasing dividends overtime from progressive...

1. 485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 366
    There should be increasing dividends overtime from progressive and successful companies particularly those that you mentioned that make up the greater value of the ASX200. I don't know how Plato conduct their business of buying and selling but if Fortescue is $20 a share which is was not long ago and is now $27 then there is a substantial amount of capital gain as well as dividend income fully franked. So for argument sake the dividend interest might have been 8% when it was $20 but dropped to 6.5% when $27. Plato may have bought Fortescue shares at $20 and not sold at $27
    so their annual dividend might have been $1.60 when $20/share if the price is now $27 at 6.5% dividend annual dividend might be $1.755 . That is still more money to pass on in dividends an extra franking credits.

They might have sold FMG between $20 and $27, but I would expect then to see them place investment elsewhere to achieve higher dividends. They can't step down off the ladder of annual gain, we still have inflation and they need to perform, so I agree with Pete by 2030 it could well be paying in dividends what he suggested.

Things can get tough as you allude to, price of iron ore goes down but FMG as an example always manage to have a good payout , Twiggy is looking for both short and long term returns for hydrogen investment. Woodside is not getting the same price for oil or gas but is expanding production and profits will buoy up along the way . Plato should be always able to incrementally increase its dividend payout to be comparative with the best dividend payers on the ASX if it is under good management , so far I can't fault them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PL8 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.005(0.41%)
Mkt cap ! $917.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.22 $1.23 $1.21 $490.8K 402.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 35931 $1.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 132790 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PL8 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.