ECL 0.00% $3.10 excelsior capital ltd

Ann: Net Tangible Assets Backing - 30 November 2023, page-5

1. 1,544 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54

Being the ultimate pessimist I suggest what we will see happen next:

LC will (before Dec 23 finishes) announce further purchases of shares to take up another 547,541. This added to the announcement post CMI sale to the 3% creep provision as allowed by the ASX.

There may be a further announcement of a share buy back of 10% on market to reduce the number of shares and to further increase LC's ownership, obviously well bellow the true market value or NTA.

Some time next year (and I am not clear on the ASX's 3% creep provision of 3% each 6 months?) LC will purchase a further 3% at well below the NTA.

These simple moves will take her to a 62.5% holding an a cash pool of close to $115m

I genuinely believe that LC will take ECL private some time next year. It is Ludacris to leave it as a listed investment. She is not stupid and knows that there are too many shares that could and would block her from an reasonable offer to take it private. The key for her to extract the most value is to reduce the number of shares outstanding at prices less than $4.00 and at the same time purchase more shares, therefore leveraging the value creation for her.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.10
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $89.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.10 $3.10 $3.10 $5.419K 1.748K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 6589 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.09 1 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.25pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.