NEU 3.32% $20.52 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

John veet, Good insight. I'd also add that while not a legal...

1. 709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    John veet,

Good insight. I'd also add that while not a legal requirement, ASX Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations prescribes that an ASX board should be composed of majority independent directors, specifically:

"Recommendation 2.4 A majority of the board of a listed entity should be independent directors.

Investors expect, and the law requires,21 the board of a listed entity to act in the best interests of the entity and its security holders generally. Having a majority of independent directors makes it harder for any individual or small group of individuals to dominate the board’s decision-making and maximises the likelihood that the decisions of the board will reflect the best interests of the entity and its security holders generally and not be biased towards the interests of management or any other person or group with whom a non-independent director may be associated. Non-executive directors should consider the benefits of conferring periodically without executive directors or other senior executives present."

I tend to agree with hottod and yourself, this is likely to relate to box ticking ahead of a partnership announcement. Bear in mind, the appointment of new directors was flagged within the Chairman's Address at the AGM and may even be a condition precedent or simply streamline getting the due diligence stamp of approval.

Cheers,

5x8's
    Last edited by 88888acct: 04/07/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.52
Change
0.660(3.32%)
Mkt cap ! $2.622B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.00 $20.66 $19.94 $6.431M 315.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1024 $20.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.53 285 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.