TM1 0.00% 4.3¢ terra metals limited

2ic I like much of your work inc. your data acquisition and...

1. 539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1408
    2ic I like much of your work inc. your data acquisition and analysis. Would you like to discuss Dupuytren's - not across a forum? Not sure how this could be done (even if you are interested) - I'm not a social butterfly... Agree with yr dox comments . I have some knowledge about some fundamentals that I think you would see is worth considering (unless you've already exhausted that approach - which I consider unlikely). Now, something more relevant!

Optimism is great but can result in risks being overlooked
    Without implying any sentiment on Terra Minerals, FWIW I take 2ic 's posts (including on other stocks) to be trying to help people (especially optimists) manage the risk that can be associated with unbridled enthusiasm. I've made that mistake too many times and sometimes paid a heavy price for it. My inherent optimism has luckily given me some really good wins over the years but the same quality also has meant that I sometimes didn't take a wide enough view on risks for some stocks and I got burnt there and gave too much back. In hindsight I wish I'd spent more time considering the downside rather than just reinforcing the obvious upside (especially to me as an optimist) on some stocks assuming that A+B+C+D all went well etc. Nowadays I try and be more disciplined about assessing all key risks.

Difficulties in confronting unpalatable risks
    That said, I think it's just human nature to be a bit confronted when presented with unpalatable possibilities, especially in the early days of a project when it's much more fun fantasising about upside - and to seek reinforcing data.
    • In my experience, it makes the presentation of unpalatable possibilities very, very challenging - to get the reader/listener to believe that the writer/presenter is actually trying to help them properly consider risks that may not be apparent at a superficial look.
    • That's especially so when done in writing and the nuances may not come out from demeanour and tone etc. Much easier in person, IMO - possible misunderstandings etc. can be quickly addressed so that emphasis goes back on the important fundamentals.
    • Even more tricky to address complex issues in a forum, too, when everyone is giving their time, research and insights for nothing and so probably have a reduced tolerance for remarks made by others.

No sentiment on the stock

I know / have met in earlier days a couple of the people involved (one way or the other) in this company but I haven't done enough research on the assets including all key people - so I express no sentiment about the stock. As would be expected for an early stage explorer in a remote location, many issues have been flagged by capable people on HC, and each shareholder/would-be shareholder should, IMO, weigh up the important ones against their own circumstances - DYOR - devoid of any emotional attachment if possible - which brings me to the last point.

Let's nurture the gifts on HC

I remember debating (ok, arguing) with someone once about a point on which was no possibility of agreement at that stage. The other person said "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree". I said "We don't have to agree to agree - that's just creating another tension. We just don't agree on that point, that's all." That's a much better way I think, to leave unresolved issues. It gains nothing, in my example, to 'agree to disagree'.

I wish we could debate different views on HC as powerfully as thought necessary at the time, but if they remain unresolved until more data comes in - as so often is the case - let's just leave them as an open issue, without personal invective. "Hard on the issue, soft on the person"... It's much better for all involved. There are some fantastic pieces of information and insight provided at no cost and in real time - and that's such a rare thing nowadays. We're lucky to have this possibility; this resource. Let's nurture it, not destroy it ...
    Last edited by La Tache: 19/07/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TM1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.4¢ 4.5¢ 4.3¢ $37.18K 850.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2863 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 124420 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.13pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TM1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.