NVX 1.45% 70.0¢ novonix limited

Ann: NEW BATTERY MATERIALS MANUFACTURING METHOD PATENTED BY NVX, page-2

1. 1,288 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 616
    What a breakthrough! OMG!

NOVONIX Managing Director, Phil St Baker highlighted the importance of this technological
    breakthrough saying, "This method for particle synthesis shows great promise in making both
    anode and cathode materials. DPMG provides an incredible opportunity to improve upon
    graphite manufacturing processes with higher yield, lower cost and improved particle
    performance and we are excited about deploying this technology to continue to further enhance
    the competitive advantage of our PUREgraphite manufacturing process."

In addition to the ability to make graphite particles with no waste, the technique can be used to
    synthesize cathode materials such as Li[Ni1/3Mn1/3Co1/3]O2 (NMC) through a dry process with no
    waste water or materials. A typical facility producing 6,500 kg of NMC per day can generate
    99,000 L/day of wastewater while also generating fine particle waste resulting in both negative
    economic and environmental impacts.

Prof. Obrovac discussed the results saying, "I believe that dry particle microgranulation
    represents breakthrough in reducing the cost, waste, and environmental impact of advanced
    powder production. In addition, it enables the bulk synthesis of never before seen designer
    materials, which could lead to enhanced performance.

Tesla's Pr Jeff Dahn also commented on the enormous benefits of Novonix's breakthrough for lithium ion batteries!

The results are receiving praise from the industry, including fellow Dalhousie Professor and
    NSERC TESLA Canada Industrial Research Chair, Prof. Jeff Dahn, commenting, “The paper
    "Engineered Particle Synthesis by Dry Particle Microgranulation" by Mark Obrovac and
    coworkers reports a breakthrough in low-cost synthesis of battery materials.

The ability to be able to synthesize both state-of-the-art positive and negative electrode
    materials with this method is truly exciting.

I believe that the onion-like morphology of natural graphite particles made from what would
    normally be considered waste is extremely important and could potentially lead to the best
    and least expensive graphites for lithium-ion cells. I believe that the ability to synthesize
    appropriately-sized dense particles of NMC and other positive electrode materials in a
    completely waste-free process, unlike the current methods used today by industry, has huge
    potential.

I congratulate the Obrovac team for their outstanding and innovative work done in the Chemistry
    department at Dalhousie University.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NVX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.