LIT 3.70% 2.8¢ lithium australia limited

Sorry to rain on you're parade but I wouldn't get too excited...

1. 1 Posts.
    Sorry to rain on you're parade but I wouldn't get too excited around these numbers. The revenue reported is hugely made up of income from the battery stewardship scheme - paid to collect and recycle per kg of battery - not from the end product. This is a mechanical recycling company and is limited in it's process to the production of Black Mass only. Yes, there is some Al/Cu/Fe etc but the volume would be minimal and even for the Cu, maybe 30% LME max.
    So, keep in mind that thus far the Stewardship possums do not pay for storage or EV batteries so the collection and recycling of these LG units is not funded by the scheme. As such guess LG are paying for the transport and a "recycling" fee.
    OK so let's look at specifics seeing you've come up with$20Mill thereabouts as a near term revenue stream.
    Black Mass - the saleable product - is around 60% of the incoming battery weight. Of that 60% half is carbon and roughly half is spent or unspent metal oxides - Ni, Co, Mn, Lithium. Several analysts say the cost to produce Black Mass is approximately USD200/metric tonne and the current market selling price is approximately USD500/metric tonne CIF delivered port.
    Dusting off my abacus for this exercise doesn't come up with anything magnificent and then there's the fact that these battery units are the subject of a recall so far from a constant source.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $34.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ $14.88K 535.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 1186142 2.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 74219 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.8¢
  Change
0.001 ( 3.70 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.7¢ 2.8¢ 2.7¢ 343084
Last updated 12.05pm 02/05/2024 ?
LIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.