DEG 0.21% $1.22 de grey mining limited

Ann: New Conglomerate & Gold Nugget Discoveries, page-123

1. 4,446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1668
    OK, but here's the thing. George Harrison walked over the Wits outcrop in c. 1886 and found scads of nuggets. it was so obvious to him that it was a reef that he pegged the area. 1.9 billion ounces later.

Roebourne founded 1866. Mallina gold found 1887 (reputedly a boy throwing a rock at a crow realised it was a nugget). Various prospector patches and leads found in the 1880's and 1890's at Hong Kong, etc. Somehow in the Mallina gold rush, no one went prospecting the creeks and panning, and missed a 10g/t++ nugget-spewing monster of a deposit less than 20 kilometres from Mallina?

Prospecting was by dollying and dry blowing, which can be effective at discovering gold down to 0.25 ppm if you are good. Clearly these gents were shuffling about the place testing the rivers and creeks, and found a bunch of stuff without metal detectors.

Nuggets have been found in the area previously. NE of Whim Creek in the Balla Balla Creek area someone found 180 Oz. Loudens Patch. Croydon Top Camp. Satirist. People have been pulling nuggets from the side of the Croydon Road since forever (in 2012, I saw a grey nomad doing this on the side of the road near Loudens patch). VXR showed photos of nugget pits on an outlier of the Mt Roe 2 weeks ago.

But suddenly 3 nuggets get found in 2017 via a metal detector, and a 2.5km portion of this Witswatersrand quality deposit is outcropping and sub-outcropping and it isn't dripping gold out of the reefs because....?

But somehow, despite all this, a Witswatersrand quality (or Wits times ten!!! if you believe Kaiser, which I do not) deposit is missed, everywhere despite people walking across the top of it TODAY with metal detectors. If it was Wits 2.0, if it was literally spewing nuggets and rich as hell, this should be 300 nuggets, not 3. I mean, yeah, great, DEG proves that the Mt Roe contains nuggets, confirming what is known. But it's also clear to me this is not Wits.

Under Mr Kaiser's theory of this being 10g/t, 10km^2 @ 50m is, ug, 433 million ounces of gold? A 2.4km x 50m section, at 1m thick down dip, contains 102,000 Oz. And DEG can't metal detect up more than 20g of gold from it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.22
Change
0.003(0.21%)
Mkt cap ! $2.929B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.20 $1.23 $1.20 $782.7K 644.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 63710 $1.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.22 120913 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.00am 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.