ELE 0.00% 0.5¢ elmore ltd

Japan cementing ties once again. From THE HINDU Newspaper (and...

1. 3,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Japan cementing ties once again. From THE HINDU Newspaper (and several others) this morning.
    Japan’s top honour for Ashwani

The Japanese government has selected former Union Law Minister Ashwani Kumar for the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun, in recognition of his achievements in bolstering India-Japan ties.
    Indians who have in the past received the Decoration — conferred in recognition of distinguished accomplishments— include industrialist Ratan N. Tata.

A Japanese government press release says Dr. Kumar served as the Special Envoy of former PM Manmohan Singh to Japan during the visit of the Emperor and Empress of Japan to India in December 2013, “and significantly contributed to the success of the visit.” On the honour, Dr Kumar said: “I am humbled by the decoration, but this is an honour not to me, but to India.”

While the above doesn't relate to NSL as such, it does point to the direction India and Japan will be taking and consequent impact on companies like NSL will be positive. Expect a lot more announcements as the Japanese government pushes businesses to expand further into the region in a bid to bolster the value of the yen through manufacturing offshore. The latest news when cross-referenced against other news being reported, suggests closer connections to the work place practices in India with some alignment to the Japanese way of working. Japanese don't give out such awards lightly and this one suggests that Japan is putting its ducks in a row for long term economic success.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.