SGQ 3.13% 3.3¢ st george mining limited

Greetings tbirdsrgo, always good to read you.From discussions...

1. 1,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    Greetings tbirdsrgo, always good to read you.

From discussions I've had with Sandy and others, I detected that the exploration team is a bit reluctant to embark on wedging or divination drilling because the drillers claim that the lithologies enclosing the intrusives are too hard to negotiate. In my former exploration years, I had very few problems with directional drilling but I very rarely used steel wedges I preferred to use sub-mounted bits that were a variation tool design that was used in the oil patch and adapted for hard rock mineral drilling. i successfully drilled granites and other hard on the bit siliceous rock formations. looking at pictures of the core from the SGQ drilling, I think a good directional tool would cut through those rocks quite easily. wedging or directional drilling from an existing hole would certainly save time and money in reaching nearby targets, particularly when drilling deep targets as SGQ are bound to be intersecting soon.

With regard to this drilling programme's drill sequence, I don't know what they have planned. If MAD200 is successful, logic would tell me that the 500m between MAD199 and MAD200 should be infill drilled initially with 3 holes at 100m spacing and if the structure indicates continuity of ultramafics and mineralisation, then 50m spaced holes will have to be drilled in fences above and below the pierce points of the intervening holes, i.e. MAD 201,202, 203, etc, in an attempt to define a resource in this space between MAD199 and MAD200. And if all this is successful, then we are whistling Dixie. it all depends on whether this 500m space in the structure hosts ultramafics and if the mineralisation is continuous or it is in pods within the ultramafics.

I hope this answers your question tbirdsrgo.

Cheers,

Helmenesh.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.001(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $32.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.2¢ 3.3¢ 3.2¢ $27.46K 833.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 516800 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 385690 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.