TLG 15.8% 66.0¢ talga group ltd

I can understand some hesitancy. There is a lot of uncertainty...

1. 268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 309
    I can understand some hesitancy. There is a lot of uncertainty in the world, there is a lot of opportunity cost, a lot of other companies and investments with less absolute risk. In Berkshire hathaway you don't have to worry about a small percentage chance that you wake up one morning and your stock is worthless.

Talga has a seemingly inevitable bright limitless future, but, until the mine is built there are all sorts of unknowns.
    1. Lets get the obvious one out of the way, a 1 year delay on permits would be another year's deferred gains.
    2. A 1-year delay in mine construction, or more: mines are rarely built on time or on budget Just look at Olyu Tolgoi in Mongolia/Rio Tinto.
    3. A new drilling campaign which will further deplete Talga's cash reserves. A year ago I thought talga would be solvent for 3 years/not need a cash raise via stock dilution. Now, the $$ is dwindling. Mark clearly believes that funding will be solved with the joint venture and european union loans by midyear. We hope he is right. If he is wrong, it will hurt.

There are things that I can tell myself to allay these concerns. Permits should not be delayed, MT did his homework and the geopolitical landscape is favorable. The mine will probably be late and over budget, but not AS BAD as rio tinto. Sweden is not mongolia, open pit mining is not special. And MT probably has internal assurances to give him confidence. He would not be reckless with his own share in the company, surely, I have to believe.

But I can understand. I get it. The business world often operates on the next quarter, year, or two year horizon. It is very difficult for people to look 10 years into the future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
66.0¢
Change
0.090(15.8%)
Mkt cap ! $250.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
58.5¢ 66.5¢ 58.5¢ $1.315M 2.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4903 64.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
66.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.