HMD 0.00% 2.3¢ heramed limited

Agree this is a long term play, and I won't be holding my breath...

1. 184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Agree this is a long term play, and I won't be holding my breath for meaningful uptake of technology. Adoption of technology moves very slowly in health, everything has to be thoroughly researched with randomised double blind trials to even be noticed, let alone become gold standard. Having a good idea or device doesn't mean it will succeed. Many health care providers have contracts with large companies and would not even consider small fry like HMD at present.

The Mayo trial is a step in the right direction. The current heramed device is probably more a novelty for parents to be to listen to fetus, and the device is only useful to them for months. I noticed one sale website has the device price dropped to $153 (10 in stock), a far cry from RRP $449.99. At least it would be safer than the cheap devices on market as heramed seperates maternal and fetal heartrates.

I'm personally holding out for the orion device under development, that ticks a few more boxes from a professional perspective. I think it would be more useful for maternity providers to buy devices and rent them out to women for duration of pregnancy. This would be less revenue for company, but more practical from a consumer's perspective, as it is only useful for duration of pregnancy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $14.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ $5.934K 249.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1792299 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 289978 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.