GSR 0.00% 1.1¢ greenstone resources limited

I think the announcement can be summarised as: "we could have...

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    I think the announcement can be summarised as: "we could have done better with our gold assets in the past but now we have a clear strategy to develop them".  You can see where a lot of their focus has been in the last few months.  Demonstrating a clear strategy is very positive though.  Good timing with the gold price on the rise.

They seem to be using funds from the capital raising on the back of cobalt interest to work on the gold assets. They appear to  have been treading water on cobalt looking for an off-take partner or funder. I suspect they are intent on combining the BAR, CNJ and Creasy resources into 1 entity but Creasy is holding out for a great deal - so they focus on gold for now. Purely a guess, but maybe the board and management plan to spin off the Mt Thirsty JV interest and stay in a gold focused Barra - effectively using the cobalt interest in BAR to raise funds for that as well as the cobalt play. They are also promising "news" - so they want the SP to rise!

So what does that mean for Barra holders? Probably some consolidation of SP in the short term on the back of better optics on the gold assets and off-take arrangements firming up.  Then a CR down the track when the price is higher, to fund the feaso on Mt Thirsty and gold mining and to have more chips to bargain with Creasy - to get best price for the Mt Thirsty assets going into a JV. OR, to buy out CNJ if they run out of money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.