MHC 0.00% 0.2¢ manhattan corporation limited

Today I met with Her Excellency Caroline Kennedy, United States...

1. 2,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 752

Today I met with Her Excellency Caroline Kennedy, United States Ambassador to Australia, on the sidelines of Paydirt’s Battery Minerals Conference in Perth this morning.

I am told by delegates at the conference, that Ambassador Kennedy discussed the United States whole-of-government approach to securing critical mineral supply chains from trusted vendors, like Australia.

Currently, international supply chains for critical minerals are continuing to transform.

With our rich endowment of battery and critical minerals, Western Australia will be a key player in global supply chains in this space.

I look forward to strengthening ties with our partners in the US and welcome the opportunity to discuss these matters with Her Excellency Caroline Kennedy in the future.

Jonathan Fisher

Chief Executive Officer

4d

The US is also desperate for our uranium; we could be a trusted supplier of uranium to the US; our closest strategic ally.

We must act now to take up this opportunity.

This is such an exciting and profitable opportunity for Westwrn Australia. And we would benefit by diversifying our economy too and ensuring our mining workforce maintains strong employment as other commodities such as nickel and iron ore have down times.

The US doesn’t yet designate uranium a critical mineral as they designate it an energy fuel. Will be interesting to see if that changes in the near term as the Russian uranium ban comes into effect.

Mick Wilson

Exec Director Bellavista Resources - Technical Lead at Vallation Group - Non Executive Director at Midas Minerals

4d

I agree with Jonathan Fisher, we in Australia need to take all opportunities as they are presented. This opportunity here is a result mostly from a bifurcation of supply….in USA terms…..those we can buy from, and those we most definitely cannot. While Jonathan didn’t specifically mention in this post he has previously mentioned that Australia hosts around a third of the Earth’s uranium deposits. So Decision Makers…do your homework, look

• Jonathan Fisher
      Chief Executive Officer
      4d Edited

It is fantastic the Minister is building strong relationships with our strategic partners.

• As well as looking to Australia for critical minerals, the US is also absolutely desperate for our uranium; we could be a trusted supplier of uranium to the US; our closest strategic ally.

• Australia may or may not make the decision to build its own reactors. That’s an issue that the federal election will help clarify. But the rest of the world is certainly tripling down on its nuclear ambitions and needs huge amounts of uranium to fuel it.

• Uranium that we have. Lots of it. Just waiting to be exported.

• Now the US doesn’t yet technically designate uranium a critical mineral as they designate it an energy fuel. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t desperate for uranium supply from politically aligned nations. And it will be interesting to see if that classification changes in the near term as the Russian uranium ban comes into effect…

• We should act now to take up this exciting and profitable opportunity for Western Australia. And we would benefit by diversifying our economy too and ensuring our mining workforce maintains strong employment as other commodities such as nickel and iron ore have down times.

• Perhaps policy makers and union leaders should ask those workers whose jobs are under threat if they would prefer the uranium mining ban to continue or if they would be interested in working in the new growth industry to help deliver zero carbon energy to the world.
    at who is actually using this potential base-load energy solution, also look beyond the 50-60’s fear of Armageddon, and consider that we are in 2024, so we would be considering new technology….also (and importantly) all energy comes from the periodic table!

Some elements combine, some on their own, but reality is, if humanity is good at adapting and we need to “find” alternatives to the carbon based base-load energy, perhaps we need to look broader than a bunch of wind turbines and solar panels. I’m just a simple geologist, but bang for buck, I reckon we need to be looking for energy solutions beyond when the sun goes down and the wind stops blowing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.874M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $1.265K 650.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
35 92893180 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 1419976 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ 70000
Last updated 15.51pm 03/05/2024 ?
MHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.