CGT 0.00% 21.0¢ castlemaine goldfields limited

Ann: New MD discusses Exploration at Ballarat and, page-6

1. 1,860 Posts.
    re: Ann: New MD discusses Exploration at Ball... there is definitely a lack of information on the volumes of deposits such as the leatherjackets, usually only two dimensions provided so the third dimension is not specified, but it does look like the deposits are usually in the range up to about 10,000 tonnes - I'm guessing that the internal exploration going on at Ballarat is trying to determine typical volumes just as I am trying to do the same

also like to point out that when the drilling results show lots of intersections of several metres this is likely to be because the drilling is fan drilling and that any one of the thicknesses is somewhat typical of the thickness of the deposit - that is, don't add up the thicknesses

looking through the old JORCs and the old geological studies indicates that the grades are commonly outstanding as we are seeing for the Llanberris drill results - generally speaking Ballarat is a very high grade operation if there is minimal dilution - seems like the head grades could be about 1 oz/tonne but with small tonnages

the method of mining Ballarat is obviously going to be unique - modern mining equipment will extract quite well in ways not done previously

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.