PAB 0.00% 0.6¢ patrys limited

"DX1 and DX3 have all the hallmarks of a potential buyout - all...

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 321
    "DX1 and DX3 have all the hallmarks of a potential buyout - all these animal studies showing multiple novel characteristics of the DX family + the news of an imminent phase I trial will in my opinion definitely position Patrys well for a pre-clinical buyout."

My thoughts are if the company announces their launch of phase 1 trials then there won't be a buyout until the results of that trial come through. Best case for investors is a big pharma will put an offer on the table that is dependent on the results, with an initial immediate payment that may supplement phase 1 costs.

Otherwise if Patrys already has enough money to get through phase 1 trials, they're better off getting the safety data before allowing a buyout in say a years time. If they're months from starting phase 1, looking at the SP now you have to ask how much the top holders have to gain from a buyout now vs in a years time after they have the human dataset to prove safety and efficacy, creating a much higher-value product.

If a big pharma came to the table now, in preclinical, they could offer 5c/share or $100m for the company, a 100% premium on today's price. Seems like a good offer on paper, especially for a product that has no clinical validation in humans. Investors double their money as of today. Would they be willing to offer 10c/share ($200m), a 300% increase? Other side of the coin is what the minimum value the major shareholders are looking to get out of their investment, because they'll control the vote. Why would they accept a $200m buyout when they could wait 12 months and with supporting clinical evidence expect say 25c/share ($500m), a 900% increase.

These are all obviously hypothetical numbers I've picked out of the air and is in no way investment advice. I believe the thought process to be relatively logical though. And I agree with you that Patrys is well positioned for a buyout, My opinion is that I'd be surprised if it happens before the phase 1 trial when they're also well positioned to run the trial first. Our opinions don't have to match, I appreciate the discussion either way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1853666 0.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.7¢ 3325244 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.