PLS 0.36% $4.16 pilbara minerals limited

This 72% Lithia recovery average tells readers of the public...

1. 487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 87
    This 72% Lithia recovery average tells readers of the public report very little.

If Fe is ok, then they would have a % for it to state so. The fact they haven’t is not covered by the lithia recovery %. This just shows how nescient you are about product specifications. That’s ok, ignorance runs deep on this particular forum for years. Even such nerds as Binwood swallowed PLS management “kool aid” and I’m quoting him.
    A part of grief counselling is accepting the situation, PLS is not out of its rut yet.
    Next point...Chinese will take crap if the price is right and they can see a profit margin in it. PLS are not indicating the cost of production and the sales price in the last announcement. Correct me if I’m wrong. The more opaque an announcement On details the more you should be concerned about lack of transparency.

As for lithia recovery, you’d expect a much higher %, say 80% with ‘flotation’ installed.
    Readers here have been given so little information. A key statistics is the ratio of grind sizes, with which readers can tell what kind of processing has been done to recover 72% average. Think of sugar, from a raw sucrose/fructose content product molasses is made then a producer can refine to a white crystal. So what’s the Lithia recovery containing? The last announcement didn’t say lithium oxide. Correct me if wrong.

The optic should reveal that if average grind size is well below say 3mm then moisture issues are likely to emerge. It needs to be at a level that eases processing, but also reduces weight for shipment. Also too fine a grind can lead to dust containment issues and as such a hazard and a hazard for processors as well.

There are reasons why Greenbushes came up with a bunch of numbers as a target for production. It’s optimised. From Greenbushes you can begin to see how PLS product really is not what it claimed to be. Remember the tech grade off take ramping. I mean how naive was management it was a slick marketing campaign?

PLS management should really be announcing the full suite of statistics so readers of its public report can have adequate perspective and hence be able to make an informed investment decision rather than rely on group think here.

The best glimpse of Greenbushes relevant %s has been collated in AVZ’s shareholder letter. Read it and learn about what customers need especially for a vertical integration plan.

The “devil is in the detail”. PLS is not disclosing the detail to see the devil. Instead you wait for cashflow reports to reach deep into those details abstracted. Is that fair reporting?

BB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.16
Change
-0.015(0.36%)
Mkt cap ! $12.55B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.15 $4.17 $4.13 $3.351M 807.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 74331 $4.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.16 37610 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.38am 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.16
  Change
-0.015 ( 0.10 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.15 $4.18 $4.13 300922
Last updated 10.55am 08/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.