LTR 1.23% 80.0¢ liontown resources limited

Ann: New short-term Offtake Agreement for initial ramp-up volumes, page-128

1. 1,341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3662
    Hi @anatol, yes I agree with you that Gina will not go hostile with us now. TG, his friends and family, most of the retail shareholders and LG will reject it outright. LTR has now been de-risked completely. The best hard rock lithium mine in the world. It is not a question of why would GR and/or Rio buy us, it is a question of what price will win us over? IMO GR and RIO are realising that they will now regret forever that they did not buy us sooner. The signs are there now that the over supply narrative is false as is the false narrative of the slow adoption of EVs and ESS. China is doing us a favour with their rocket like adoption. GR and/or Rio will want to move before this becomes even more apparent and the price of lithium starts to rise, so this means that they will move on us in the next 2 months IMO or they will miss the boat again. The price? well $3 is a minimum. LG would want to convert much higher than the $1.80 convertible rate they agreed to otherwise why would they support it? As you say a generous premium to $3 would win the day. Below is an extract from a recent AFR article by Brad Thompson who is a WA based AFR journo so I believe that his story is accurate. From my own enquiries I can confirm that Hancock would not talk to LTR following their $3 purchase, but I did not know that they are now talking and getting a KV inspection. LTR has kept that quiet. IMO TG and TO would not have agreed to this without some understanding as to what Hancock's plans may be and what ballpark price may be acceptable. Just speculation on my part but there are a number of indicators in recent times. Brad Thompson is not exactly implying that Hancock will have a go, or is he? Have a read:

"One of the big unknowns, however, remains Rinehart and her intentions. Rinehart’s Hancock Prospecting cast doubt on Liontown’s ability to execute the Kathleen Valley project last year when it started buying big volumes of shares. Liontown was unable to talk to Hancock for some time while the Albemarle takeover offer was live. Now, it is in regular contact with the Rinehart camp and her top brass have visited Kathleen Valley to check on progress. The country’s richest person has a long track record of partnership with Koreans. Now, Liontown is doing the same."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $1.940B
Open High Low Value Volume
83.5¢ 84.0¢ 80.0¢ $8.438M 10.32M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 93085 80.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.5¢ 52300 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.